Forum

Renegade
225 Pennsylvania
Send mail.

File   File  

Author: Renegade
Subject: Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
Date: Aug 5th  7:42 am

Has anyone seen the movie?  Great 60's soundtrack. I'd be interested to hear opinions since I'm laid up with an injury and won't get to see it anytime soon.  I was happy to see Paul Revere & the Raiders get 3 songs on the soundtrack album.  Mark Lindsay lived in the house at 10050 Cielo Drive with Terry Melcher before Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate moved there.

Raechel
Send mail.

Author: Raechel
Date: Aug 5th  11:41 pm

I saw it and loved it. I think the trailers themselves have been nominated for awards - this is the first movie in years that I couldn't wait for its opening. It actually is a gentler movie than I expected. I plan to see it again and again. Some excellent acting, lots of eye candy. Loved the soundtrack. "Once Upon a Time" - it's a fairy tale, not a documentary. Good buddy chemistry between Leo and Brad, somewhat reminiscent of Newman and Redford, or Robert Duvall/Tommy Lee Jones from Lonesome Dove. The soundtrack is near perfect, integrates extremely well with the story progression. Lots of 60s nostalgia. Doesn't take itself too seriously. Top-notch cinematography. Don't listen to all the hype, don't have preconceived expectations. It is very long and does drag sometimes. Definitely see it when you're feeling better, and I hope that's very soon!

Renegade
225 Pennsylvania
Send mail.

File   File  

Author: Renegade
Date: Aug 6th  6:04 pm

Thanks for your review.  Interesting insights. I can't wait to see it.  I was at that area of Hollywood Blvd. in 1989 during the shooting of Pretty Woman and it's amazing how much they changed it to look like 1969.  Visited the Tate house on Cielo too bit there was a big wooden gate at that time.  Couldn't see anything.  There is a nice "making of" video on youtube.  youtube.com/watch?v=IUpNHBYjO80&t=378s

Answers

Site by: Todd

Log on to hide ad.